It was a gorgeous day out in the shipyard on Sunday with a stunning sunset.
I spent most of the day finishing off the guards on the starboard side bowthruster penetrations and installing the saddles. I used 5200 sealant and bronze hardware to mount the bronze saddle to the steel tunnels. I made sure to put a nice dollop of 5200 on the threads of each bolt before I inserted it. The next step is to sandblast the inside of the tunnels and primer coat them so I can install the actual gearing for the thrusters in through the top of each saddle. I dont want to sandblast with the gearing installed as I’m worried about getting blasting grit into the shaft seals.